View From the Top

Here's the last of my Sedona trip.
On our second attempt to hike West Fork on Monday, we still couldn't even get near enough to park. So, we pulled of into an area called Bootlegger, and found a trail we had never done before. It was marked as strenuous... Let me tell you, it was the hardest hike I've ever done! It was straight up the canyon, and with the change of higher altitude, I was having the hardest time breathing. My lungs were burning, my calves were burning and the sun was burning. I had to stop every few yards to rest. It took us over 2 hours to do a 1.5 mile hike!! I felt like such a loser! Once we reached the top, it was well worth all the sweat. you could see everything from up there, as well as the fall leaves changing. (That is a huge deal if you live in Phoenix where the trees go from sort of green to dead). There wasn't a sound other than the wind blowing through the trees and the birds singing. I hope you enjoy the pictures below, and no making fun of my dorky hiking clothes ;)

I could not get over the colors!


So worth the view


Do you see that road at the bottom? That's where we started.



xo Jac

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...