Super Easy Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas

I've recently been obsessed with green chili, and have been craving green enchiladas. I was just too busy lazy to go through all the work of roasting green chilies. So my mom emailed me this super cheaterific and yummy green chili chicken enchilada recipe. I was able to make an easy yummy dinner, and still make my husband happy. Warning! This is really fattening and delicious. Don't attempt if you're on a diet ;) Here's what you'll need:
2 large chicken breasts
1 28oz can Las Palmas brand Green Enchilada Sauce
1 cup Chicken Broth
1 16oz Sour Cream
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 4oz can Evaporated Milk
1 4oz can chopped jalapenos (drained) I didn't have this, but wish I did
2 or more cups mild chedder cheese or colby cheese
1 small onion ( minced)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
Salt to tast if needed
1 lrg Pkg. (36ct) Guererro brand corn tortillas (should be enough for 2 casseroles)

First, boil the two large chicken breasts after removing any fat. Once the chicken breast is cooked completely though, remove from the water and set aside to cool. Once it has cooled, start to shred using two forks to pull apart the meat. 
Sauce:
In a large cooking pot saute garlic and onions until translucent. Add while mixing well: can Green Enchilada Sauce, Chicken Broth, 10oz of Sour Cream, Cream of Chicken Soup, Evap milk,  jalapenos, shredded chicken and cheese. Simmer and stir, tasting if needs salt.

Tortillas:  In hot corn oil, dip each tortilla just enough to soften. Blot excessive oil w/paper towel. I forgot to do this, and my enchiladas were pretty greasy.

Assembling:  In lrg casserole dish add a little of the sauce first to the bottom of dish. Add dipped corn tortillas in rows adding sauce to each layer. Add cheese to top layer or to each layer depending on how cheesy you like it.

Bake: covered with foil for 375 for about 25 min. Remove foil and set over to broil for the last 5 min to get that oh so yummy burned cheese. If I have time, I'll usually make this with re fried beans and rice. I'd be happy to do receipes for those another time. 

Enjoy!

xo Jac

3 comments:

  1. yummmyyyy
    I AM A NEW FASHION BLOGGER FROM INDONESIA, LIVING IN SINGAPORE.
    I LOVE YOUR BLOG,AND YOU AS WELL ! NICE POST!! I AM NOW FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG,YOU CAN CHECK IT!! IT WOULD BE AN HONOUR IF YOU FOLLOW MY BLOG:

    seekthesleek.blogspot.com
    if you follow my blog:
    - I WILL BE ACTIVE ON COMMENTING YOUR POSTS
    - I WILL RECOMMEND YOUR POSTS TO GOOGLE
    - I WILL SHARE YOUR POSTS TO MY TWITTER : @TIODANG
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT, SO I CAN MENTION YOU IF I SHARE YOUR POST TO MY TWITTER,
    AND FEEL FREE TO MENTION ME IF YOU WANT ME TO READ YOUR NEWEST POST & COMMENT IT!
    - I WILL PROMOTE YOUR BLOG IN MY BLOG (*this one need a special request , please contact me: cheeringwinda@yahoo.com if you are interested!)
    *THAT IS AS LONG AS YOU KEEP IN TOUCH WITH MY BLOG TOO!!*

    P.S: THE FOLLOW BUTTON IS AT THE TOP LEFT OF MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...