Microblog 04 | Today Has Been A Day

Skyler E. 


Packing up your home and moving to a new place isn't so bad. You have an opportunity to pair down your belongings and get rid of or sell unnecessary things, which feels good. While you're bubble-wrapping and stuffing everything into boxes, you start thinking "Do I really need all this crap? Do I even care about that?" I've started to reevaluate how I live materially.  Living somewhere new also allows you the chance to explore a different area and discover things you've never seen before, that's always fun! 

But often, moving involves more than just transporting your stuff. Things go wrong. Life gets in the way. You may know this very well. I didn't. I've haven't moved in awhile.

I mean, I knew things wouldn't exactly go to plan, I know it well! Even though I love a good plan and a well organized list. But man, have things gone differently then expected. Up until a week ago I didn't know if I'd be living here or another state, and up until a few days ago, I wasn't sure if I'd have an actual home to move into (we finally found an apartment thank the lord!!). Plus untold metaphorical potholes, people getting sick, injuries, the list goes on.

Needless to say, I've been buggin' out. I didn't want to just write about being stressed but that's my life right now and I want to be real. 

But I've also found some light shining through. Friends have been so kind, bringing us dinners and stopping by to help when they can, or just to say hi. It really makes a difference and has encouraged me so much, knowing that people are thinking of you. Those acts of kindness, no matter how small, make the situation ok. It will get better, this I know! 

I'm glad for this blog. It's a lot of work, but I get to do it with my boo Jacqueline! And when I hear that people are enjoying what we are making, it feels so great. I hope we get to keep doing this for a long time, even through the crazy times. Because I know it'll be alright. 

-skyler 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...