bitty.and.bunny


Hey! We just recently caught up with one of our blogging friends, Kym of bitty.and.bunny, and asked her a few questions to get to know her a little better. If you've never been to her blog before, be prepared for laid back relatable looks that you can easily re-create with things you already own (which is great when you're on a shoe-string budget like us). 

Tell us how you started blogging:  A little more than a year ago, I had no idea fashion blogs even existed.  And then one day I read a blurb about Kendi Everyday in a magazine, promising me that if I visit her site, I'll be rewarded with oodles of daily outfit ideas.  Considering that my standard uniform had been a tank top, a hoodie, an ill-fitting pair of jeans, and my beat up converse, I knew I could use some help.  So I went for a visit.  I instantly became enamored with her site, her writing, and her style, and somehow, during reading through her archives, something just clicked, and clothing finally started making sense to me.  When I expanded my visits to other style blogs I began to realize that in addition to all of these fun, imaginative outfits there was a wonderful, creative, and encouraging community behind it all.  I thought to myself, "I'd like to be a part of that, too".  And so after taking a few months to muster up the courage (and some computer know-how), bitty.and.bunny was born.

How would you describe your style?  I like to experiment with color, pattern, & texture.  I think it's important to add a little bit of your personality to every outfit; most days I try to add a little bit of quirk or interest to what I'm wearing.  Basically, if something is flattering and makes me smile, I'll wear it.  

Where do you find the most inspiration for putting outfits together?  I get inspiration from all kinds of sources, but my biggest one is from other bloggers!  They have such a diverse, unique, and creative style, and I'm constantly drawing outfit ideas from them.  At any given time, I'm pretty much inspired in at least 5 or 6 different ways.  It's fantastic.



Where is your favorite place to shop?  I know this is a bit of a cop out, but I'm going to go with online.  Or more specifically, sitting indian-style on my couch wearing yoga pants, a ratty tee shirt, and a scrunchie.  I usually buy from places that offer free shipping and allow me to return the items to the real store if they don't fit....which I do often....it's sort of a problem.  But if I was forced to choose just one favorite store, I'd have to go with Francesca's Collections.  I pretty much fall in love with everything in there each time I visit.

What was your favorite summer trendr? I am loving the maxi skirt.  I'm sort of obsessed, even though I only have one.  I've been wearing it more often than is probably hygienically acceptable.

Who is your favorite blogger and why?  There are so many amazing bloggers that inspire me in so many ways - through fashion, through writing, through stories - that it's nearly impossible to choose just one.  That was the diplomatic response.  But if I'm not worried about hurting everyone else's feelings, I pick Kendi.  Her style is impeccable, her photos are superb, and her writing is witty.  Plus she inspired me to dress better and start my own blog.  She's pretty much my sartorial hero.


What is the one song that is on repeat on your iPod?  Bangarang by Skrillex.  It has this borderline annoying, electro-dub-step sound that's reminiscent of Deadmau5 meets Laidback Luke mixed with Daft Punk, and inexplicably I crave it constantly.  No clue what I just said?  Give it a listen; you'll be hooked.

Tell us one thing about yourself people would be surprised to know.  I have 7 tattoos and over the years have had a total 18 body piercings. 


 Thank you again, Kym, for sharing with us! <3 p="p">

4 comments:

  1. I am loving those flares!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely interview, she has incredible and eclectic style, loving the first look especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! I'm just glad you found me another great blogger to check out :)

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think kym is adorable!! glad to get to know her better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...