Green Chili Enchilada Eggs

Growing up, one of my favorite breakfasts my mom would make for me was Tortilla Pedazitos (tortilla pieces with eggs). Since I had some left over roasted green chili my mom gave me, I decided to mix it up a bit. 

You'll need: 1 flour tortilla per person 
2 eggs per person
grated cheddar cheese
1 green chili cleaned and chopped
salt and pepper

First, I oiled a frying pan and put on medium. Once it was hot, I tore up pieces of flour tortilla (it's also yummy with corn tortilla), and let it fry till it's nice and brown.

While the tortillas were browning, I chopped up the green chili. You can either buy green chili already roasted, or roast it yourself. You can go here for further instructions. I like to use Hatch green chili, because it's really hot, but you can also use Anaheim chili's which are a little milder. Crack eggs into a separate bowl and add chopped green chili, cheese, salt and pepper. Once the tortilla's are brown, pour the eggs on top and cook until done. 


Serve and enjoy!

xo Jemma

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...